Retro one-bedroom suite on the second floor of The Evanston
This delightful suite is decked out in black and white with retro touches like a Sputnik chandelier, tulip tables, and Bertoia chairs.
- Separate Bedroom with King-Sized Bed
- Home Office Area with Desk
- Private Full Bathroom
- Well-Equipped Kitchen (see details below)
- Complimentary Shared Laundry Facilities Located at End of Hall
- Located on the 2nd floor of the historic Evanston building (about 30 steps up)
- Plenty of free street parking
More Details on The Gertrude’s Amenities
- Self-check in with keypad
- Fast high-speed internet included (wi-fi or ethernet)
- 55″ Roku TV – feel free to sign in to your favorite streaming services
- Well-equipped kitchen with range oven, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, slow cooker, knives, cutting boards, cookware, baking pans, and utensils.
- Coffee station includes Keurig, drip coffee maker, hot water pot, and pourover supplies.
- Paper plates and foil pans are provided for your convenience (there is no dishwasher).
- King-sized bed with nightstands and lamps.
- Fluffy white towels and crisp white sheets provided.
- Bedroom closet and dresser so you can unpack if desired.
Centrally Located in Beautiful Downtown Hot Springs
The Evanston is a short walk to many amenities:
- 1- to 5-minute walk to coffee and restaurants
- 5-minute walk to Moccasin Springs Mineral Spa
- 5-minute walk to Hot Springs VA Medical Center
- 8-minute walk to Evans Plunge
- Across the street from the historic Depot and Visitor’s Center
Or hop in the car for a short drive:
- 2-minute drive to Chautauqua Park
- 5-minute drive to the Mammoth Site
- 10-minute drive to Wind Cave National Park
- 10-minute drive to Cold Brook Lake
- 25-minute drive to Angostura Reservoir
- 25-minute drive to Custer State Park
- 1-hour drive to Mount Rushmore
We think Gertrude would be proud.
This suite is named after Gertrude Rindesbacher, who operated the first rooming house right here in the Evanston in 1910. We’ve inserted bits and pieces of her history into this suite – you’ll have fun piecing together her story and imagining what it was like to run a boarding house around the turn of the last century!
Stay at The Evanston – you won’t be disappointed!
The Gertrude Suite is also available month-to-month starting at $2,000 (price based on length of lease and season). For more information on longer-term stays, call/text Jeremy at 719-231-9043 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.